Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, kiwi slices, blueberries, blackberries, and mandarins.
- 1 ( 6 oz) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Garnish with whipped cream, if desired
Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
For the crust: In a food processor, combine the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball. With your fingers, press the dough into small tart pans, taking care to push the crust into indentations in the sides. Pat until crust is even. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
For the filling and topping: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust. Arrange fruit as desired.
For the glaze: Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool. With a pastry brush, glaze the tarts.
Keep the tarts in the refrigerator. Remove about 15 minutes before serving.