This fish dish was easy, delicious, and breathtaking on any plate. Serve with a Rosso piceno. The wine’s dark red character cuts the richness of the pesto sauce, while harmonizing with the tomatoes. This wine from the Le Marche region of Italy also goes especially well with fish and shellfish.
- 5 4 oz. cod filets (Season fish with crushed black pepper, basil, and oregano)
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of basil pesto
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs(Italian Style)
- 1/4 cup of Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing
- Preheat broiler on the low setting. Place fish in baking pan. Pour Italian dressing over the fish
- Broil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on bread crumbs, spoon on pesto, and then add tomatoes and put in oven at 200 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Top each filet with additional pesto and tomatoes as desired.