Strawberry footballs are a part of my Super Bowl Treats courtesy of, ForTheWin, USA Today Sports. The 2015 article list, “The only 10 Super Bowl recipes you will ever need”. Laken Litman, provided the picture, ingredients and preparation listed below. So ladies I think you will also enjoy this treat and it will be a wonderful hint for Valentine’s Day.
- 12 strawberries
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Small tube of white decorative icing
- Wash strawberries and pat dry.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If not melted, microwave for 30 more seconds. Stir again.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate and lay neatly on wax paper to cool.
- Use icing to decorate your strawberries like footballs.
- Place in refrigerator to harden…or eat immediately.
Serves 4-6 people. If you’re anything like me, you will double this recipe and double your Super Bowl fun.