Ingredients: Yield: 8 – 12 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh or thawed peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place butter in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, and place it in the oven long enough to melt the butter.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add milk and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into baking dish, don’t stir as the cobbler’s texture should be cakelike.
- Stir the remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, lemon juice and zest, and extract in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the batter, do not stir.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes
Serve with warm vanilla bean ice cream.