Recipe adapted from Joanna & Chip Gaines from People food. Photo credit: Jennifer Causey
- 1 (15.25-oz.) pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3.4-oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º. Combine cake mix, yogurt, eggs, 1/2 cup warm water, pudding mix and 1/2 cup corn oil in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium, and beat until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into a lightly greased and floured Bundt cake pan. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven, and cool in pan 10 minutes. Transfer cake from pan to wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Combine cocoa, 2 tablespoons water, corn syrup and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan. Cook over low, stirring constantly, until blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar, whisking constantly, until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cake. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Serve with strawberries and vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Serves: 12 Active time: 10 minutes Total time: 1 hour, plus cooling