I figured one more day of meatballs may be a nice touch, especially since these are baked in the oven as well. Therefore, less mess and cleanup for you and me.
Preparation & Cooking: 1 hour Serves: 8
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder (for sweet & sour sauce)
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 can 20 0z.) pineapple (for sweet & sour sauce)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups tomato puree (sweet & sour sauce)
- 1 tbsp mustard (sweet & sour sauce)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (sweet & sour sauce)
- 1/2 cup Matzo meal
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (sweet & sour sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the meatballs together with the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll into 24 meatballs (1 oz. each). Place in lightly sprayed baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes
- while the meatballs are cooking make the sweet and sour sauce. Mix together the sauce ingredients in a Dutch oven or appropriate sized sauce pan.
- Bring sauce to simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce, and simmer for an additional 20 minutes or longer.
- Calories: 22kcal
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Sugars: 17.5 g
- Sodium: 457mg