- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice ( juice from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup of milk ( I prefer coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (or spread of choice)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup light cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup natural powdered sweetener
- 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
Cream Cheese Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup natural powdered sweetener
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water (only if needed for a thinner consistency)
- *Extra blueberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 175º C.. Lightly grease an 8- inch round springform pan with cooking oil spray and set aside.
For The Cake
- In a jug, whisk the lemon juice together with the milk, set aside and allow to sour (making your own buttermilk).
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat i the eggs and zest until light and creamy. Beat in the homemade buttermilk.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, mixing them first on top of the wet ingredients, before folding them in to combine batter. Gently mix 3/4 of the blueberries through.
For The Cheesecake Mixture
- Beat the cheesecake ingredients together until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared pan. Pour 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over blueberry cake layer ( don’t swirl it through). Pour the rest of the cake batter over the cream cheese; then pour the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top to evenly cover the cake. Sprinkle remaining blueberries over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven 65 – 70 minutes, until the center is just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for an hour. cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
For The Glaze
- Beat together all glaze ingredients until its a smooth consistency.
- Once cake has chilled, remove from pan onto serving dish. Pour the glaze evenly over the top and allow to drizzle down the sides. Serve with extra blueberries if desired.