- 2 tbsp fresh lime
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) beef flank steak
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup avocado or extra-virgin oil
- 2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- In a shallow dish, combine onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, 1/3 of the garlic, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 – 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, and the remaining black pepper.
- Heat cast iron pan on medium heat and place steak in pan until its browned and softened on both sides for 15 – 20 minutes. Cover steak and allow to rest
- Meanwhile combine cilantro, parsley, salt, garlic oregano, avocado/olive oil vinegar and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is completely smooth.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. Spoon on cilantro sauce and serve.