Supersizing chocolate chips to pizza proportions are fun and ensures extra for everyone.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. On sheet of waxed paper, mix flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter on low. Remove pan from heat; with wire whisk, stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar until blended. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract. With wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture, then oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts until combined.
- Spoon batter into center of prepared cookie sheet. With spatula, spread batter to an even 8-in. round. Bake 18 minutes, or until cookie is golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 15 minutes. Transfer to cutting board lined with waxed paper; cut cookie into 12 wedges and serve warm.