- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 4 zucchini
- 1 lb Italian Sweet Sausage (remove casings)
- 1 onion; chopped
- 8 ounces of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In fine-mesh strainer, rinse quinoa in cold water; drain. Prepare as per label.
- Scoop out the middle of each zucchini half; chop the pulp and set aside.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling over a medium-high heat. In a large skillet, cook sausage (break up sausage while cooking), chopped zucchini pulp and onion for five minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, panko crumbs, lemon juice, oregano, lemon zest and cooked quinoa.
- Brush the zucchini with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place zucchini, on the cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes. Turn zucchini and grill 1 minute longer until edges begin to brown but still firm.
- Evenly fill zucchini with sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Place zucchini, filling side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender,cheese is melted and begins to brown.